Surrogate Mother Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any wait to be matched with intended parents?
- Our priority is to make sure that you have the best experience possible, therefore we do not match surrogates immediately. Our goal is to get to know you and complete your screening, so we can match you with the best possible match.
- Surrogacy Partnership is very proud of our ability to make great matches.
2. Why should I work with Surrogacy Partnership instead of working alone with intended parents I meet on the Internet?
- Surrogacy Partnership professionals screen and personally meet with all prospective intended parrents who are interested in surrogacy.
- Working with Surrogacy Partnership means that you will receive all of your agreed upon funds.
- You have the benefit of an experienced administrative staff, counselor’s and attorney’s all working on your behalf.
- Working with Surrogacy Partnership protects you and your family.
3. Why should I choose Surrogacy Partnership over other agencies?
- Three words! Experience! Experience! Experience!
- When you are considering becoming a surrogate mother, there is no substitute for the security of knowing an agency owner has been in your shoes, and able to understand your feelings and thoughts.
- We are real people with real answers to your questions, we are here to help.
4. Who will be available to help me if my case manager or Surrogacy Partnership staff member is sick or goes on vacation?
- Surrogacy Partnership staff members have been crossed-trained to ensure coverage at all times.
- Our case manager team consults about the status of all cases weekly to ensure that each case is cared for completely.
5. Are intended parents medically and psychologically screened?
- Yes. Medical and psychological screening is important to our success.
6. Does Surrogacy Partnership help gay or same-sex intended parents?
- Our policy has always been that intended parents that are ready and willing to take on the responsibility of parenthood deserve that opportunity.
7. How am I matched?
- Your case manager will present intended parents profiles for you to choose from.
- The final choice about which intended parents to help will be yours.
8. How are financial issues handled?
- Surrogacy Partnership is the administrator of an escrow account that is put in place after your contract is signed.
- You will have a personal disbursement coordinator and/or case manager to help you navigate the financial needs so that you are not having to discuss money with your intended parents directly.
9. Why do I need to be screened when I know I want to be a surrogate?
- Most important of all, we need to get to know you so that we can fulfill your expectations when you become a surrogate mother.
- Surrogate mothers are generally very sensitive, caring people. However, Surrogacy is not for everyone.
- Evaluation is an important part of a mutually respectful and enriching experience between a couple and a surrogate mother.
10. What experience do you have with high-risk pregnancies?
- We are well connected with high-risk specialists whom we can call upon to consult on a high-risk case.
- Your health and well-being are always our first consideration.
11. How do I know my intended parents can afford the costs involved?
- Surrogacy Partnership holds escrow account funds sufficient to cover your fees and expenses throughout the pregnancy.
- These funds are in an escrow account before you begin working together with your intended parents.
12. How will my family respond when I tell them I want to be a surrogate?
- Surrogacy is a wonderful way to help intended parents realize their dream of parenting, and with our experienced staff we will help you with the support needed for helping any family members understand the process.